1. If I watch the movie before the book, odds are I won’t read the book version.
2. I love family dramas.
3. I spend more time looking for new books than I do reading.
4. I rarely never finish a book, even if I am not enjoying it.
5. Most of my books come from the library, book sales, or thrift stores due to my budget right now.
6. I want to travel to famous book stores and libraries. Shakespeare and Co in Paris and Powell’s Books in Portland I am looking at you.
7. If I love a book I will badger my family and friends until they read it. And…..
8. I am stubborn when other people recommend me books. I have to be in the mood to read them. It is just shameful.
9. I mostly read at night.
10. Winter is my favorite time to read. It gives the best excuse for sitting on the couch and enjoying a good book.
11. Dog earing pages is not cool by me. I will use anything and everything as a book mark.
12. I never use to read new releases when they came out. It would take me a year or two to get around to a new book.
13. I really enjoy looking at the recommended by employees shelf at a bookstore.
14. However, if the employee has recommended a book I hated, I dismiss all the other recommendations on the shelf.
15. Audiobooks are the best things for a long road trip, but I hardly ever listen to them other than during a trip.
16. If a cover has a dog on the book I am going to pick it up.
17. The main characters make or break a book for me. If I hate the main characters, overall I won’t like the book.
18. Big books can intimidate me. I have had I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb on my shelf for so long. Over 900 pages is crazy.
19. I will read any types of genre.
20. When I was a child I would check out a huge amount of books to read for the week from the library.
21. I went through a few years after high school when I didn’t read much of anything. I call these my dark years.
22. I wish I could read faster, but I could read more. Instead I get distracted by everything else.
23. I never reread books. I wish I did, but I just never do.
24. I feel a bit of glee when no one is in the break room or next to me on a plane. That means I get to pull out whatever I am reading and I don’t have to feel antisocial.
25. Someday I would love to work in a library or a bookstore.
Originally saw this on http://www.youtube.com/user/KatesBookClub?feature=watch