This week’s top ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish, is the books at the top of our summer list. I am making this books that I want to read over the summer, not necessarily books that come out in the summer. However, a few do come out in the summer and I have included their release dates.
I will have the links to their Goodreads pages.
1. At the top of my list is Divergent by Veronica Roth. I have no idea why I have not read this yet. I purchased it on my Kindle close to when it first came out, but have yet to read it. The final book in the series comes out in fall and I want to have the first two completed.
2. Next on my list is a book by Sarah Dessen, The Moon and More. In all honesty I don’t know if I will read that particular book. I just know I need a Sarah Dessen book. I read Just Listen by her a little while ago, and fell in love with her writing. I need, need, need more Sarah Dessen over the summer.
3. I loved Morgan Matson’s book Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour. That makes her newest book, Second Chance Summer, a perfect choice for my summer TBR. Plus it has a gorgeous cover and that never hurts anything.
4. Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple is another one that has been on my list for a while. I think it is time for me to get around to reading this.
5. The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman is one of those books that sound like something I would enjoy. I think the premise sounds so interesting. The book is about a 34-year-old who has been named CEO of her mother’s company after her mother passes away. Instead of just getting to take over, she has to complete a list of life goals she made when she was a teenager. I can’t wait to see what this book is all about. The Life List is set to be released on July 2nd.
6. Another one that I have been wanting to read and just haven’t is Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout. This is a romantic book about an alien. Scratch that, a hot alien. This book sounds weird, interesting, and wonderful all at the same time.
7. On the Island by Tracy Garvis-Graves is one of those books that has been on radar for a while. I have heard so many good things. I feel like the summertime would be a perfect time to see what the fuss is about.
8. The Sound by Sarah Alderson is another wonderful sounding summer book. The book is set on the island of Nantucket and is about a young girl who takes a nanny job. She is looking for a quiet summer, but instead falls in with some private school kids who have some dark secrets. This will be released on August 1st.
9. This one is a tie between two books that are getting a lot of buzz right now. Well at least from what I am reading. They are Uglies by Scott Westerfeld and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I have wanted to read Uglies for a while too, but for whatever reason have not. Since then I have heard a lot of good things about the series. Eleanor & Park is something I have heard tons about in the last few months. Do I cave in when I hear lots of buzz? Well, yes I do!
10. The last one is one I recently added to my TBR shelf. It is The Goodluck Girls of Shipwreck Lane by Kelly Harms. This is the story of two ladies who are picked to be the winner of a millionaire dollar house. The mix up is that they are both Janine Brown. As they make their way, they discover that more is waiting for them than just a millionaire dollar house. It sounds interesting. The Goodluck Girls of Shipwreck Lane comes out on July 9th.
I know that is technically 11 picks, but I couldn’t choose! What are the books that are your summer TBR list? Have you read any of the books I picked?