Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie and I chose to do it on things I want to see in New York. Is this obnoxious for those who aren’t going? Probably. For that I want to apologize ahead of time.
1. This should be BEA, but it isn’t. Even more exciting than books is food. New York food to be exact. I am crazy excited about all of the culinary delights that New York City has to offer. Top of my list, pizza.
2. Attending Book Expo America. I can’t wait to see what everything is like and meeting so many awesome people. I know they will be awesome, because they love books. So, they can only be awesome, right?
3. Meeting authors, getting books, and going to author signings. I live in a state that doesn’t exactly have that many book signings. Ahem, Alaska, ahem. Well they have book signings, but really this is almost exclusive to authors that live in this state. This is allowing me to get so many author signings in such a short amount of time. Sweet.
4. Visiting The Strand bookstore and taking it all in. This is one of the bookstores I want to see on my travel adventures.
5. Finally getting to see some of Central Park. I visited in July a few years back and did not get to go into Central Park. This was due to the fact that I had walked there and the heat zapped me by the time I got there.
6. Seeing Bryant Park and the New York Public Library. The hotel I am staying at is only two blocks away from here. I just might need to take a stroll and see it at night.
7. Visiting Grand Central Station again. Last time I visited this was one of my favorite places to see. My sister and aunt will be visiting with me and have never been. I can’t wait to see what they think of here.
8. Walking around and seeing what can be seen. I really am going to want to just walk and see what we can stumble upon. So many great places, stores, restaurants, etc… No guide-book can cover all of them.
9. Shoe stores, particularly Moo Shoes shoe store. I have heard a lot about this store and I want to see it for myself.
10. 9/11 Memorial. This is not higher on the list because I know it will be emotional. However I must see it.
Are you going to BEA? Have you been to New York City? What was your favorite part?