This week for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish, is the top ten authors you own the most books from.
Before I get into my list I have a confession. I don’t own that many books. I mean compared to some people it is quite a few, but compared to most book bloggers/lovers it isn’t that many at. There are a few reasons for this. The first reason is that I just do not have the space. For a long time I haven’t had space for big bookcases. In fact my bookcase I have right now is three shelves high and not very wide.
A year ago I didn’t even have a bookcase. I had books shoved under my bed and under the nightstand. I had to precariously place them and hope I wouldn’t be smothered in my sleep by books! Another reason is I don’t have a lot of extra money. It keeps me from being able to buy all of the books that I really would like to have. The last reason is that I don’t want to have to keep books because I feel like that is what I am supposed to do. I often cycle through my books. I either sell them to a bookstore, give them to family, or give them to charity shops. I like to keep only the books I think I will re-read or that have some great sentimental value. That being said, I can’t do this list like most bloggers will. I will instead list the authors that I would own if I had unlimited space, and I had unlimited budget.
Top ten authors I dream of owning their books.
- Sophie Kinsella- I just love her books. The Shopaholic books are great, but her stand alone books are what I love.
- Khaled Hosseini- He writes so fantastic. I find myself sucked into his books.
- Jodi Picoult- I go through phases with reading a ton of her books and then taking a break from them. If court room dramas are your thing, she is a must to have on your shelf.
- Gayle Forman- I was hooked after just one of her books.
Recent additions to this list:
- Rick Riordan- I have read one of the Percy Jackson books, but already I can tell he is one I would like to have all of the books from. Millions of fans can’t be wrong, right?
- Rainbow Rowell- She quickly becoming high on my lists, right up there with Sophie Kinsella. I just love the worlds she creates.
- Colleen Hoover- I read Hopeless and just knew she was my kind of writer. I really want to continue on with her books. Bring them on.
- Marissa Meyer- I loved Cinder and I feel like her series just gets better and better. So good.
- Lauren Oliver- Another author I felt like was for me after just reading one of her books.
- Morgan Matson- I loved Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, and I can’t wait to read more by her. I have been saving Since You’ve Been Gone, but must read it this summer. Plus, she was the nicest author I met at BEA. Bonus points!
(side note:Does anyone else think of the Kelly Clarkson song every time you hear that Morgan Matson title Since You’ve Been Gone? No, just me.)
Here are the top three authors on my shelf right now.
Suzanne Collins is probably the author I most re-read.
I found most of the Vampire Academy series at a library book sale. I should really get around to finishing that series. I have only read the first one.
I love, love, love her cookbooks. If you could pull off The Appetite for Reduction book you would see so many pages marked. Plus, her dessert cookbooks are wonderful. I get the most compliments on her cookies I make around the holidays.
What authors do you own the most of? Are you like me and try not to keep a bunch of books?